Tuesday 16 December 2008

The Audacity of Hope

Well, here we are then.

Like so many of us out there, I am embarking on something that I have dreamed of all my life.

I have thought about being a published author for more than half my life.

But it's hard. So many have tried and failed, there are so many that have not even managed to finish a book, let alone get an agent. In short the number of hugely disappointed wannabe authors greatly outnumbers those who are published.

I haven't even started my book yet. Well, technically I haven't started this book. I've got any number of Projects that have been started and then dropped 1 or more chapters in. Some because I didn't like the way the characters turned out, some because I wanted to curl up and scream at the poverty of talent I displayed. Some because life got in the way and I lost the thread.

So this blog is my encouragement to myself to write, and write often until I finish and revise and revise some more, and eventually try and interest an agent.

So, this is my committment to you, the wider and anonymous world, to share the trials and tribulations of trying to write, and the hope that maybe, just maybe, the dream that I've had for 20+ years can be shared with, and by, more people.

No comments:

Post a Comment