Monday 11 May 2009

Death by Recession

Words : 10,000

% of First Draft : 8%

It's been a pretty harsh four months since I last posted. My company is no more and the other half has been made redundant, so things aren't looking to great chez moi these days.

Meanwhile MPs are lining their pockets and claiming for 5p carrier bags and packets of dog food. Yes guys it's allowable under the rules, but where are you morals? As for Gordon Brown, he must be rueing the day that he decided not to take advantage of the Brown Bounce last year and call an election. Now we are all just waiting for this fag end governement to crawl pathetically to the end of its term. Right now I suspect I am not alone in thinking that ANYTHING other than Labour is better.

On another note the European elections are coming up, and I think that most of the parties are fairly pants, although the UKIP one tickled my interest. It seems that they've changed their stance and acknowledged that Economic Union is necessary, but instead want to withdraw from Political Union with the EU. In essence this seems to indicate that they might tear up some of those completely useless laws that have engulfed us over the last 10 years, so freeing up business etc. I think they will probably get my vote, at least as an ex business person.

Luckily this enforced inactivity on my part means that I have sucessfully completed an outline and am now writing my book. Yay!

I'm finding the writing process quite interesting. I don't write linearly, although I have an outline. Instead I write the scenes in any order, thus creating fragments that I aim to string together later. Quite how it will all turn out, who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment